We are looking for a personable, experienced Sub-Editor to be the Group Sub-Editor for our magazines across East Kent.
This is a pivotal role within the business, and requires someone who can work flexibly and independently, has a strong attention to detail, and who can work to strict deadlines calmly and effectively.
The role involves the following:
- Overseeing the production of 6 (increasing to 7 in 2024) local magazines appearing three/four times a year each across East Kent (currently in Margate, Ramsgate, Broadstairs, Whitstable, Deal and Folkestone)
- Working with the group art director and magazine editors to ensure engaging, lively and relevant content across all titles
- Sub-editing all copy, to ensure conformity with house style and factual accuracy
- Proofreading layouts for errors including with imagery and page furniture
- Signing off final proofs before printing
- Advising editors on legal issues and appropriateness of content
- Resolving issues with contributors
This is a part-time, freelance role, approximately five days per month, with a set fee paid of £850 per month. The work can be done remotely, although some in-person meetings with the team may be required.
The role will commence in January 2024 and full training and a handover will be given in January.
To apply for the position, send your CV and a letter of application (no longer than a single side of A4) to Clare on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 12 December, and interviews will be held on 19th December.